Easy one pot Chicken rice | Chicken Pulao | കോഴിച്ചോറ് | How to make chicken rice2018-02-12
- Servings : 5-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Easy one pot Chicken rice | Chicken Pulao | കോഴിച്ചോറ് | How to make chicken rice
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 3 nos (sliced)
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp each
- Green chilli – 8 to10 nos (crushed)
- Biriyani masala – 1 .5 tbsp ( for recipe visit Indidiet / Masala – https://youtu.be/N8ScIFvZIb4 )
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 2 to 3 nos (sliced)
- Coriander leaves – handfull (chopped)
- Mint leaves – handfull
- Chicken – 1 kg ( medium cuts )
- Salt – as needed.
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Water – 3 1/2 cups
- Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp (Clarified butter )
- Rice – 3 cups, soaked for 20 mnts & drained (Use Basmati, Jeerakasala or Khaima rice )
Into a heated pan, add oil and onions, garlic and ginger paste. After adding some salt, saute till onions are brown. Then add biriyani masala, pepper powder and red chilli powder. Saute till fragrant. Add sliced tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are cooked and mashed well. Add the chicken, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt as needed. Mix well, then cover and cook over low flame. When the chicken is half done, add some vegetables of your choice, like carrot and green peas. Then cook till the gravy becomes thick and not watery.
Coconut milk and water are added (Total cooking liquid should be 1.5 cups for every 1 cup of rice, measured on the same cup).Add salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves and Ghee. Mix well and bring to boil. Then add the soaked rice. Cover and cook over low flame, until rice is fully cooked – no water will be left in the pot..
Cover and cook over low flame, until rice is fully cooked – no water will be left in the pot.
Enjoy the chicken rice with Raita, pappad and chutney.
Refer detailed step by step cooking video below
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe