Masala Tempura prawns2018-02-09
- Cuisine: Japan
- Course: Starters & Snacks
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
Masala Tempura prawns
Step 1: Cooking shrimps
- Prawns – 10 nos (medium sized)
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
Clean and de-vein the prawns. Put slits on the inner part of the prawns as shown in the video to avoid curling while cooking. Cook the shrimps in little water by adding all the above ingredients. Half cooking will do.
Step 2 : Preparation of batter
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup (cold)
- Ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- White pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Beaten egg – 1/2 of a whole egg
- Club soda – as needed (cold)
- Salt – as per taste
Mix all the above ingredients and make a lumpy batter of thick consistency. Do not over mix as it will make all the air bubbles burst. Prepare this batter only when you are ready to start frying.
- Cooking oil – for deep frying
Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Dip the half cooked shrimps in the batter and deep fry, till golden color.
Enjoy with sweet chilli sauce or sauce of your choice.
Refer detailed step by step cooking video below.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe