Vegetable Manchurian recipe with Banana flower2018-09-17
Restaurant style Veg Manchurian with Banana flower.
Prepare restaurant style indo-chinese vegetable manchurian, that too with special mix of nutritious vegetables.
Ingredients – For Veg balls
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 3/4 cup
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 3/4 cup
- Spring onion (Bottom white part) – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Banana flower (finely chopped) – 3/4 cup
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
Mix all the chopped vegetable together. Add salt as needed, mix well and keep for 5 minutes. Squeeze extra moisture from the vegetable mix using hands or a cloth. Save this vegetable extract for later use. Add corn flour, all purpose flour and pepper powder. Mix well and knead it to a dough. Make bite-sized balls from it. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the vegetable balls till golden over medium flame. Vegetable balls are ready.
Ingredients – For Manchurian gravy
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion (Top green part) – 3 to 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 nos (Or as per taste)
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Celery (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar/white vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tsp + water – 2 tbsp
Heat a pan. Add oil and once the oil heats up add celery, green chilli, ginger and garlic – Saute for about 2 minutes.
Now add dark soy sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato sauce and mix well. Then add sugar, vinegar and salt as needed. Add water and mix well. When the gravy starts to boil, add fried vegetable balls and cook for a minute. Add 3 to 4 tbsp of chopped spring onion and mix well. Here add the squeezed extract of the vegetables (step 1) and mix well. Mix corn flour and 2 tbsp of water in another bowl. Add this solution gradually to the gravy, till the it becomes thicker. Finally garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot!!
Refer step by step cooking video below:
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe