Punugulu with Idli Batter2021-06-16
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Starters & Snacks
- Skill Level: basic
- Add to favorites
PUNUGULU with Idli Batter
Punugulu, is a special street food recipe from Andhra. This snack is prepared from idli/dosa batter. This is very tasty and easy to prepare evening snack.
- Idli / dosa batter – 1 ½ cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Semolina – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp (crushed)
- Onion – ½ piece (freshly chopped)
- Ginger – ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 to 3 nos (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – few (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – few (finely chopped)
- Salt – as needed
- Cumin seed – a pinch
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp (Optional)
Add all the ingredients mentioned above one by one into a bowl. Baking soda can be added to get a good texture. Mix all the ingredients well. Add more rice flour if needed to adjust the consistency. Now pour oil into a frying pan and let it boil. Once the oil is hot, pour enough batter to prepare bite size balls. Fry it under low flame till a golden colour is achieved. You can add finely cut vegetables to the batter if needed.
Punugulu is Ready to Eat !!!
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe