Chicken Tikka prepared in pressure cooker.2018-02-07
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Gravies & Mains, Starters & Snacks
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 10m
Chicken Tikka – How to prepare in pressure cooker.
Prepare it at home without any tandoori oven | easy way to cook recipe for Chicken Tikka
- Garlic cloves -1 to 2 Nos
- Coriander and mint leaves – few
- Curd – 1 tablespoon
- Kasuri Methi – half teaspoon
- Ajwain – 1 pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – half teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – half teaspoon
- Fennel powder – half teaspoon (add red food colour if needed)
- Juice of half lemon
Step 1 :
Grind garlic,ginger,coriander leaves,mint leaves,curd, kasuri methi to a fine paste.
Step 2 :
Take boneless chicken (500 grams) and mix with the above prepared paste, salt as per taste and rest of the powder masalas. Marinate for 3 to 4 hours in refrigerator.
Step 3 :
Important: Always use soaked skewers for grilling. Include onions and capsicum in between.
Add a thick layer of salt in a pressure cooker for about 1 inch. Remove the weight from the lid and preheat the pressure cooker for 15 minutes . Start placing the chicken after 15 minutes. Be careful as the cooker will be very hot. Cook without whistle for about 15 to 20 minutes over very low flame. Chicken will be perfectly cooked in about 20 minutes.
Step 4 :
To get the perfect texture and colour, brush with oil and heat on a pan. Chicken tikka is ready to be served.
Refer step by step cooking video below.